Not About the Punchline has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://blog.dukeoglue.com/ and update your bookmarks and feeds.

January 28, 2008

I called it! (or "Wanna bet?")


I wanted my first post of 2008 (and the first one after this long period of absence) to be something more... substantial. In fact, I'm in the process of writing a post about 2007 (the year, not the number).
Still, I thought this was interesting, in a why-didn't-I-think-of-it-sooner kind of way and I guess this is as good a time as any to resume posting.

This guy is making a site that allows you to bet (albeit using imaginary money) on the outcome of news stories. Is Obama going to win the primaries? Will Best Movie go to Old Men? Will Amy Winehouse manage to kill herself by 2009?
Obviously, it's all about bragging rights -the appeal lies in proving that "you were right" rather than winning money.
Now... wanna bet when the writer's strike'll end?

No comments: